Have you ever thought about having a Read More button on the post archive that opens the content in a modal box?
This can be implemented easily with a combination of our two plugins.
AnyWhere Elementor Pro to create archive layouts and Elementor Addon Elements for Modal Popup.
Here is a step by step tutorial on implementing it.
- Anywhere Elementor Pro for Post Blocks widget
- Elementor Add-on Elements – for Modal Popup widget (free)
There are a couple of things that we will be doing here. First creating a layout for Modal popup and second is a Block Layout to be used in Post Blocks widget. Then you can use Post Block widget anywhere on your site.
Create a layout for EAE – Modal Popup widget
- Create an AE- Template and choose the render mode as Block Layout.
- Then select the post you want to preview.
- Edit this template in Elementor and choose the Elementor widgets to display the contents from the Post Archives.
Create the block layout for the Post Block widget.
- Now create another AE – Template to be used in Post Blocks widget. Here you will have to design how an individual post will be rendered by Post Blocks widget.
- Choose the render mode as Block Layout and also choose a Preview Post.
- Start editing this template with Elementor.
- In the place where you want to place the Read Mode/quick view button, use EAE – Modal Popup widget.
- Set Content Type = AE Template and under AE Template choose the template you have created in the step above.
Using Post Block widget in Archive Template
You can use Post Block widget in Archive Layout or wherever you want to use it.
- In Source choose “Current Archive” (if using for Archive Layouts) or your post type.
- Then choose the Block Layout which you created for Post Blocks widget above.
- Configure the rest of the option as per your requirement.
- That’s It. Now check on the frontend. When you click on View More button it will open more details in a Modal Popup.
Here is a live demo of what you can achieve by following this tutorial